To develop "personal excellence" through the sport of mountain bike racing. Team Hardwood-TREK Development Program is for young and developing Mountain Bike racers, who love mountain biking and racing. Based on their level of commitment and the age of riders, athletes can choose from a range of programs. A variety of programs will allow each team member the chance to grow as an athlete and an individual in a positive atmosphere.
- To inspire the desire to be the best one can be.
- To create a culture of teamwork and inspire individual athletic excellence
- To have FUN in a sport we love.
Riding is FUN - Training is FUN - Racing is FUN, Success is FUN!
- To prepare each athlete in the various aspects of the sport of mountain bike racing and riding ? specifically physiological, technical, psychological and tactical.
- To demonstrate the commitment and lifestyle each athlete will need to compete in the exciting sport of mountain bike racing and enjoy it for life.
- To create an atmosphere where athletes work together as a team, while developing as participants in an individual sport.
- To provide training sessions so that athletes can come together to train with other competitive racers who share similar goals and interests.
- To provide athletes with a team training outline and individual monitoring to help them achieve their goals.